One way has ben to post data from old papers to Figshare. See for example:
- Eisen et al. 1995. SNF2 Evolution datasets.
- Eisen 1995 RecA Evolution
- Sequence alignment for GEBA paper
- Proteomes of genomes used in GEBA paper
But I also had all sorts of website related material that is annoyingly gone. And yesterday I discovered at least a simple solution to this. I can put all my old websites in my Dropbox public folder and share the link to those files with others and they work pretty well.
See for example my re-releasing of some of my April 1 and other joke websites:
- Scientist Reveals Secret of the Ocean: It's Him- New York Times
- Collins responds
- World Anti Brain Doping Authority
- Thymineless Death Society
Also - I have reposted some of the my old websites
I have always been into sharing scientific information on the web since, well, the web came out. And I am going to dig around for other old websites to post them via Dropbox. If anyone knows an easy way to upload / convert an old website into Wordpress, I suppose I could load in all the old pages into my current wordpress site, but this was a much easier temporary solution. Still annoyed with Apple but glad Dropbox allows a simple solution.